Sunday, October 17, 2010

Whew! What a whirlwind of a week, I'm so glad it's Sunday!
Friday at dusk a few friends and I started our descent into the Big Santa Anita Canyon, Angeles National Forest. Hiking at night (probably not the smartest) we were rewarded with the most breathtaking views of the canyon blanketed in fog, illuminated by the moonlight. After 4.5 miles hiking in the dark we reached our campsite. I was the only one not haunted by the thought of bears, and slept soundly. Between the five of us for protection we had 2 tasers, mace and a machete. Ridiculous, I know. I’m shocked we didn’t hurt ourselves. The next morning, we packed up camp and explored the near by Sturtevant’s Camp built in the late 1800’s, where we found the most charming cabins, a tree swing and thousands of ladybugs huddle together to keep warm. Click here to view more photos of this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment